Thursday, March 31, 2011

Musing

Several people have asked me what I think the trip will be like for me; what do I hope to get out of it? I'm not sure what will unfold for me on this journey. I have, or try to have, no expectations for healing or resolution or even acceptance, though I would welcome any of those in any measure. I'm going with the single goal of honoring Kyle, of creating a physical tribute to him through our actions. I'm so moved that his friends have and are giving so much of themselves to take this journey. Most of them had only a casual interest in the Middle East prior to Kyle's death, and they argued bitterly with him trying to talk him out of going to Israel. So, it is especially poignant that they are now so conscientiously and purposefully exploring and understanding the dream they didn't want him to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment